I think I have a cold coming on.  You know, that little tickle in the back of your throat, a little cough that’s a tad wheezy, general malaise.

I suppose it could be the change in weather (it’s been mild and rainy here lately – in the 40s). I suppose it could be from the alternate day fasting I’ve been doing to try to kick start my metabolism into doing SOMETHING, anything!  It could be a result of the injection I take for psoriasis, which weakens the immune system.  Lord knows, it’s cold and flu season and, being closed up in a small computer lab with 8 people on Monday mornings certainly is a good way to catch a virus.

In fact, now that I say that, I remember the first day of class, the director said something about someone complaining to her about someone else being “sick” and should have stayed home.  I don’t recall anyone seeming or acting as if they were sniffly or coughing or anything like that, but that was more than a week ago.  I think the incubation period for a cold is 24-72 hours. But I could be wrong.

My doctor called me on Friday to let me know that the results of the colposcopy were normal, that the cell changes seen on the initial exam were just normal changes that occur with age.  One less thing to stress over there.

I have stalled in my weight loss. I’ve been derailed since about Thanksgiving and need to really get myself back into it.  I had been working out, I mean REALLY working out, and now do nothing other than my daily chores and walking.  For a while there, I was putting in between 15,000 and 20,000 steps a day but developed a problem with my left ankle and now cannot do that kind of walking anymore – at least not on a regular basis.  I did join a 1,000 mile challenge – which is just as it sounds: walk 1,000 miles for the year.  Mathematically, that comes out to about 2.75 miles a day or roughly 6700 steps.  So, I set my Fitbit for 7,000 steps a day, and 3 miles (roughly) and have established that as my day-to-day goal.  It’s do-able.

I think I let that ankle issue derail me physically and psychologically.  From one day to the next I don’t know how it’s going to be and I absolutely HAVE to wear my shoes, with orthotics, inside the house every day, all day, lest it flare up again.  And even then, there are some mornings that I wake up with it inflamed so there just doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to what aggravates it.

Lynn is have her second rotator cuff surgery today – she had the right arm done last year and is having the left arm done today.  Her sister has driven up from Virginia to stay with her for a while until she is better able to manage day-to-day living alone and one-handed.  She won’t be able to drive for 6 weeks, at least.  I’ll drive over and grab her here and there and at least get her out of the house and doing something besides feeling miserable.

I got her the Amazon Echo Dot for Christmas (and just haven’t gotten it to her yet), and I think it will really perk her up while she recuperates.  She can relax in her bedroom and still have the features of Alexa in there as opposed to just in the kitchen.   I know *I* really enjoy having it in my bedroom, and I’ve hooked up a WeMo switch that is controlled by the Echo so that I can turn on the light in my bedroom from the living room, or from bed when I first awake.  I’m trying to figure out how to do the whole house without it costing an arm and a leg.

I’m going to try to start making a habit of closing out blog entries with a rip on the new President (whose real name will never be mentioned here):

No automatic alt text available.